The Pan-Mass Challenge is excited to announce the integration of Facebook Fundraisers with PMC profile pages! The PMC has partnered with Facebook to make fundraising through Facebook easier than ever.
Why should you connect your PMC profile page to a Facebook Fundraiser?
- Facebook prioritizes its own features so your Facebook friends are more likely to see your Facebook Fundraiser in their newsfeed than if you were to simply share your PMC profile page link.
- There are no fees for donating to Facebook Fundraisers, allowing the PMC to maintain 100 percent pass-through of all rider-raised dollars to Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
- This is a new way to augment your existing fundraising efforts. It’s simple to set up, so start now!
How to Get Started with Facebook Fundraisers
- Log into your PMC account and go to your Manage page.
- Click Create to start the process. If you have not yet personalized your profile page, update it before starting a fundraiser! Add a photo, write why you’re participating in the PMC, and set your fundraising goal. All of this information, as well as your current fundraising total, will be pushed to your Facebook Fundraiser exactly as it appears on your PMC profile page.
- Click Continue with Facebook and log into your Facebook account.
- Once logged into Facebook, click Create Fundraiser.
- Your Facebook Fundraiser is live! Now view the fundraiser on Facebook and make any edits to it, such as changing or adjusting your photo. Invite your Facebook Friends to your Fundraiser and begin fundraising on Facebook!
What You Need to Know About Your Facebook Fundraiser
- Notifications. You will be immediately notified when a donation is made through your Facebook Fundraiser! (Download the PMC App for iOS or Android and turn on notifications.)
- Fundraising Total. Your existing fundraising total will show up on your Facebook Fundraiser. Your fundraising total, as displayed on your PMC profile page, will update to reflect Facebook Fundraiser donations after a brief delay.
- Donor Information. Donors who have already given to you via the PMC will not display on Facebook. Donors who give via Facebook will display in your PMC account. They will initially show up as a Facebook Fundraiser donation, not by the donor’s name, but this will update as soon as the PMC receives this information from Facebook (within three business days). If you want to allow your Facebook friends and donors to see your PMC profile page, include a link to it in your Facebook Fundraiser.
- Updates to Your PMC Profile Page. When you update your PMC profile page, these changes will not be applied to Facebook. If you would like to apply these changes to your Facebook Fundraiser, copy them from your profile page and paste them to your Facebook Fundraiser.
If you have an existing Facebook Fundraiser for the Pan-Mass Challenge, please end it before using this new Facebook Fundraisier integration. It is not possible to link a PMC profile page with an existing Facebook Fundraiser.
For more information about Facebook Fundraisers, visit pmc.org/facebook-fundraisers. If you have additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 781-449-5300.