PMC + Facebook
The Pan-Mass Challenge has partnered with Facebook to make fundraising through Facebook easier than ever. It is now possible to link your PMC profile page directly to a Facebook Fundraiser. Donations made to your Facebook Fundraiser will sync across your PMC profile and Facebook.
Why should you connect your PMC profile page to a Facebook Fundraiser?
- Facebook prioritizes its own features so your Facebook friends are more likely to see your Facebook Fundraiser in their newsfeed than if you were to simply share your PMC profile page link.
- This is a way to augment your existing fundraising efforts. It’s simple to set up, so start now!
How to Get Started with Facebook Fundraisers
1. Log into your PMC Dashboard and in the lefthand menu, click Fundraising, then Facebook Fundraiser.
2. On this page, click Create to start the process. If you have not yet personalized your profile page, update it before starting a fundraiser! Add a photo, write why you’re participating in the PMC, and set your fundraising goal. All of this information, as well as your current fundraising total, will be pushed to your Facebook Fundraiser exactly as it appears on your PMC profile page.
3. Click Continue with Facebook and log into your Facebook account. You must give Facebook permission to manage your Fundraiser; if you decline to give Facebook permission, your Fundraiser cannot be created.
4. Once logged into Facebook, click Create Fundraiser.
5. Your Facebook Fundraiser is live! Now view the fundraiser on Facebook and make any edits to it, such as changing or adjusting your photo. Invite your Facebook Friends to your Fundraiser and begin fundraising on Facebook!
What You Need to Know About Your Facebook Fundraiser
Your existing fundraising total will show up on your Facebook Fundraiser. Your fundraising total, as displayed on your PMC profile page, will update to reflect Facebook Fundraiser donations in approximately 3 business days.
Facebook now processes donations through PayPal Giving Fund which charges a processing fee (49 cents +1.99% per transaction). Donors can opt-in to pay this fee but are not required to pay it. Your PMC Dashboard will show the donation amount the PMC received from PayPal.
Donors who have already given to you via the PMC will not display on Facebook. Donors who give via Facebook will display in your PMC account but will not show on your PMC profile page. Your profile page will display the total raised through your Facebook Fundraiser.
When logged into your PMC account, your Facebook donors will initially show up as a Facebook Fundraiser donation (not by the donor’s name), but this will update as soon as the PMC receives this information from Facebook (within three business days).
Updates to Your PMC Profile Page
When you update your PMC profile page, these changes will not be applied to Facebook. If you would like to apply these changes to your Facebook Fundraiser, copy them from your profile page and paste them to your Facebook Fundraiser.
Facebook donors will receive a donation receipt from PayPal Giving Fund, not from the PMC or Facebook.