PMC Heavy Hitters – riders and virtual riders – are the PMC's top fundraisers. They exceed their fundraising commitment to reach the annually determined Heavy Hitter level.
Fundraising by PMC Heavy Hitters represents over half of the PMC’s annual gift to Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. They are recognized for their fundraising through:
Registration for the PMC opens to Heavy Hitters during an exclusive registration period. The PMC guarantees the chosen route and return transportation during this time. (*Fast ferry reservations cannot be guaranteed.)
Recognition During PMC Weekend & in the PMC Yearbook
Heavy Hitters are recognized for their fundraising efforts in the annual PMC Yearbook and on their PMC weekend registration materials (including name badge and bike tag).
PMC Heavy Hitter Evening
Heavy Hitters are invited to a special event held to honor their fundraising contributions and the celebrate the progress being made at Dana-Farber.
2023 Heavy Hitter Level
2023 Heavy Hitter Top 10% Level
2023 PMC Heavy Hitter Gift
The 2023 PMC Heavy Hitter gift is the PMC Heavy Hitter OOahh Slide from OOFOS.
This custom PMC Heavy Hitter recovery slide from OOFOS is perfect for wearing after any ride! Featuring OOFOS’ proprietary OOfoam™ technology, they absorb impact, so your body doesn’t have to – giving it the break it needs to recharge for the next ride or workout.
Designed intentionally for Active Recovery, OOfoam™ technology is proven to absorb 37% more impact than traditional foam materials, reducing load and stress on joints, ankles and feet. Then there’s the patented footbed that cradles the heel and arch for an optimal combination of soft and stable support, so you can recover faster and feel better with every step.
All PMC 2023 riders who raise $10,000 or more will receive this gift in November 2023. The 2023 Heavy Hitter level is $10,000 and the Top 10% level is $16,500.
Heavy Hitter Teams
In addition to individual riders achieving Heavy Hitter status, PMC teams can also attain Heavy Hitter status. A 2023 PMC team will be recognized as a Heavy Hitter team when all the following criteria are met:
- A Heavy Hitter team has at least five members in total (riding any route, Reimagined and virtual).
- A Heavy Hitter team must raise the Heavy Hitter minimum ($10,000 average per rider) as a group.
- Each team member's fundraising will count towards the total number of riders.
- The team’s total fundraising will be divided by the number of “qualified” riders (excluding virtual, Reimagined, Sunday 25/50, Winter Cycle* and Unpaved* routes).
- A 10-member team, of which 2 are Wellesley 25/50 riders and 1 is a Reimagined Rider, raises $70,000. The calculation would be $70,000 ÷ 7 = $10,000. This team is a Heavy Hitter team.
- A 7-member team, of which 3 are Wellesley 25/50, Virtual or Reimagined Riders, raises $52,000. This team has 4 “qualified” riders, but the divisor has to be at least 5. The calculation would be $52,000 / 5 = $10,400. This is a Heavy Hitter team.
- A team has 12 members who all ride the Wellesley Century and raises $100,000. The calculation would be $100,000 / 12 = $8,333. This is not a Heavy Hitter team.
- Each Heavy Hitter team member must reach his or her own fundraising minimum by the fundraising deadline.
* A PMC Winter Cycle or PMC Unpaved team name must match that of the PMC team for the fundraising dollars in those “spoke” events to be counted in the team total.