Ways to Give
Most donors contribute online by going to our donation page and entering the name of their rider. They'll automatically receive a tax acknowledgment once the donation has been made.
Donate By Check
Checks should be made payable to the PMC and mailed to our office address: 77 4th Avenue, Needham, MA 02494. Be sure to use your deposit labels or include a note with the rider's name so we know whose account to credit. Any donations that are $250 or more will automatically receive a tax acknowledgment. For any donations less than that, you may email us to request one.
Remind all of your donors to find out if their company will match their donation. For more information about matching gifts, please click here.
Donor Advised Funds
Donor Advised Funds (DAFs) are an increasingly popular charitable vehicle, whereby individuals set aside money to be granted to charitable organizations. Let your sponsors know that they can support your ride through a DAF grant. In addition, if the DAF is with Fidelity, the grant can be initiated by clicking on the DAF button on our check out page. Click here to learn more about DAFs. In Fidelity's Geography of Giving Report, Boston ranks #1 for giving to health care and the PMC holds the #1 spot within that sector.
Making gifts of appreciated securities is popular because the gift amount and deduction are the fair market value of the stock and there is no capital gains tax. To transfer stock to the PMC, contact Michele.
Donors can make a tax-free gift to the PMC directly from their IRA. IRA gift distributions are excluded from taxable income and qualify for the Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) each year. To benefit from the IRA rollover legislation, a donor needs to:
- Be age 70 1/2 or older
- Give any amount up to $100,000 from their IRA
- Transfer funds directly from a traditional or rollover IRA to the PMC
Click here to download a sample letter that your donors can complete and send to their IRA administrator to request a charitable gift transfer to the PMC. If you have any questions, please contact Alison.
- Wills and Living Trusts - By naming PMC as a charitable bequest in your will or living trust, you will make a profound difference in the lives of cancer patients and their families for years to come. Your gift entitles your estate to an unlimited federal estate tax charitable deduction.
- Beneficiary Designations - You can name the PMC as a charitable beneficiary of your assets—such as retirement plans, life insurance policies, donor advised funds, bank accounts, CDs or brokerage accounts. You simply fill out a form that is entirely separate from your will, which makes this approach an easy way to give that does not require an attorney. You can review and adjust beneficiary designations at any time or include multiple beneficiaries. A beneficiary gift to the PMC is exempt from taxes. If you have any questions, please contact Alison.
- Give to the PMC’s 100% Fund - A gift the PMC 100% fund underwrites the PMC’s year round operations. These gifts help the PMC to continue operating the nation’s largest and most successful athletic fundraiser and pass through 100 percent of every rider raised dollar to Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.