Tools & Tips
The PMC relies on riders, virtual riders, and corporate sponsors to meet our annual fundraising goal. We do our best to provide you with the latest fundraising tools so that you can embark on an easy and successful fundraising campaign. Here are some tips for your PMC fundraising campaign:
Use your MyPMC to track your donations, update your personal information, customize your profile page (see below), email your contacts for donations, and more. Please refer to this how-to video for a step-by-step guide.
Customize your PMC Profile Page
Each rider automatically has a PMC profile page. To edit your page, log into your account and click "Manage My PMC." Under fundraising, click "profile page," edit your story and other details, and save your changes. Please refer to the how-to video below for further instructions.
Download the PMC 2018 Fundraising App
The new PMC 2018 Fundraising App makes tracking donations, thanking donors, emailing contacts and managing PMC event details faster and easier than ever. This is an entirely new app and not an update of the PMC 2017 fundraising app.
When downloading and logging into the new app, please allow the app to send you notifications. Learn more about the app here.
Fundraising with Facebook
Link your PMC profile page on Facebook. This will ensure that:
- Each donation and the donor's contact information gets recorded in your fundraising account
- The donor receives a PMC tax receipt immediately via email
Facebook offers a fundraiser option and donate button. While this is convenient, we do NOT recommend it because of the following drawbacks:
- The PMC may not receive the rider and donor information, which makes it impossible to post the donation to the rider’s account.
- Because the donations are made through Facebook, the PMC will not be able to provide a tax receipt.
Donation Page Link
To direct your sponsors to the donation page with your name already populated, you can use the following link with your egift ID filled in at the end: www.pmc.org/egifts/XX1234.
Feel free to use PMC logos in your fundraising materials. To download them, click here.
Fundraising Emails and Letters
For more information about fundraising emails and letters, click here.
Ask your company to support you. Ask your supervisor or human resources director if your company will donate a large corporate contribution, match everything you raise, sponsor a fundraising event, publicize your ride in the company newsletter, and/or sponsor a corporate team.
Use PMC Note Cards for Your Fundraising Letter or Thank You Notes
Each year, the PMC designs a note card. The back of the card contains facts about the PMC and instructions on how to donate. Note cards come 25 to a pack and may be ordered in the PMC store.
Customized Return Address Labels
Style one: PMC logo
Style two: PMC/Red Sox logos
Click here for more information about fundraising parties. To book a fundraising event at one of our preferred hospitality locations (Alibi, Bleacher Bar, Back Bay Social Club, Casa Caña, Game On, Harvard Gardens, Lansdowne Pub, Loretta's, Lucky's Lounge, Osteria Nino, Scampo, Sonsie, Summer Shack (both Back Bay and Cambridge)), click here. We recommend using Eventbrite for your event management, planning and ticketing.
Promote Yourself in Your Local Paper or Radio
Let the media know that you’re participating and why. Local media outlets are very receptive to hearing about the lives of residents in their communities. Our marketing team, led by Bill Alfano, is happy to help.
Organize a Spin-A-Thon at a Health Club or Studio
Does your health club offer spin classes? Talk with the manager and arrange a spin-a-thon to benefit your fundraising. Talk to your favorite instructors and ask if they would be willing to donate their time to teach the class.
Additional Fundraising Ideas
- Promote Your Ride with Local Merchants – Ask local merchants if you may hang up a sheet promoting your PMC ride. Include a description of the PMC, a picture of yourself, your reasons for riding the PMC, the PMC website address (www.pmc.org) and information on how to sponsor you. Offer to have the names of local merchants printed on a riding jersey or t-shirt that you will wear at some point on PMC weekend.
- Use the PMC Classifieds – Boost your fundraising with the PMC Classifieds! Sell an old bike (or anything else in your garage), advertise your own fundraising event, or be creative and offer services in the "fundraising offers" section.
- Donation in Lieu of Gifts – For a special occasion, ask that a donation be made to your PMC account.
Other Fundraising Information
Have international donors who are looking to support your ride? They can donate online! If they put in our zip code (02494), they should be able to fill out all other fields.
Riders are welcome to transfer fundraising dollars from their accounts to other riders! Please email us to request this and include your name, the name of the rider you would like to transfer funds to and the amount of the transfer. Any transfers from the team account must be requested by the team captain.
Allocations to 2019
Any donations that are dated between our check presentation (November 4, 2018) and the end of the year (December 31, 2018) can be applied to the following year upon request. Please email us by the January 31, 2019 deadline to make this request as it is a manual process and must be recorded before we close our books for the year. Please be sure to include the date and sponsor name of the donations that you would like credited to 2019.