The Pan-Mass Challenge office is closed today in observance of Juneteenth, commemorating the end of slavery in the U.S. after the Civil War, and we’re taking this opportunity to update you on our efforts to make the PMC an increasingly diverse and welcoming community.
- As Dana-Farber Cancer Institute’s largest contributor, the PMC proudly supports their commitment to inclusive employment practices, access to care, and early detection programs.
- This November, the PMC will host a special Zoom presentation featuring Dana-Farber’s new head of Inclusion, Diversity & Equity, Ian Matthew-Clayton. Details will follow later this fall.
- To bring more diverse perspectives and experiences to the PMC, we have successfully recruited several people of color to our Board of Directors, our Advisory Board, and to our team of summer interns.
- To coordinate these and other initiatives, the PMC formed a Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Working Group that includes representatives from our staff, our Board of Directors, and our Advisory Board.
- All PMC staff participate in our in-house DEI Learning Group, where we regularly reflect on books and films that explore diversity and equality issues in our society.
The PMC has been built on 43 years of riders and volunteers recruiting others into this extraordinary community, and we can become more diverse by welcoming those who don’t look like us or who have different life experiences into the PMC. We remain committed to this journey and thank you for being on it with us.