Every Pan-Mass Challenge rider is required to agree to and sign the fundraising commitment and release of liability and assumption of risk when registering to ride the PMC.
No one is able to register or participate without agreeing to the following waivers.
I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THE FUNDRAISING MINIMUM OF (FUNDRAISING COMMITMENT ASSOCIATED WITH SELECTED ROUTE) WHETHER OR NOT I PARTICIPATE IN THE PMC RIDE OR THE PMC IS ABLE TO STAGE THE EVENT. REGISTRATION, INCLUDING ROUTE AND TRANSPORTATION OPTIONS, ARE NOT TRANSFERRABLE AND NO OTHER PERSON MAY PARTICIPATE IN THE PMC IN YOUR PLACE.
Rider is required to agree to and electronically sign off on this commitment.
View the routes and minimums below. The fundraising minimum commitment deadline is October 1, 2021.
In consideration for my [and/or my child(ren) or ward(s)], being permitted to participate in, work at, volunteer at, and/or observe the Pan-Massachusetts Challenge, Inc. (“PMC”) and related events and utilize the services and facilities associated with those events, I, on behalf of myself [and my child(ren), ward(s)] and any personal representatives, heirs, and next of kin (together, "the Undersigned") hereby state as follows:
1. I acknowledge and agree that the risk of injury, damage or property loss from participation in PMC and related events as a rider, worker, volunteer or observer is significant, including the potential for permanent physical harm to me, including death, and/or property damage or loss, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce those risks, the risk of serious injury does exist, as does the risk of property damage or loss;
2. I acknowledge and understand that photographs and/or videos may be taken of me [and/or my child(ren) or ward(s)] in connection with the PMC and related events, and hereby consent to the taking of such photographs and videos and the publication of such photographs and videos; and
3. I agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation in PMC and related events, including that, if I observe an unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I agree to bring the hazard to the attention of the nearest official immediately and, as appropriate, remove myself from participation.
[On behalf of myself and my child(ren) and ward(s),] I hereby further:
4. agree, represent, and warrant that I will not [and my child(ren) or ward(s) will not] participate, in person, in services or programs related to the PMC or visit the facilities associated with the W PMC if I [or they] (i) experience symptoms of COVID-19, including, without limitation, fever, cough, loss of sense of taste or smell, or shortness of breath, or (ii) have a suspected or diagnosed/confirmed case of COVID-19, or, (iii) within the preceding 14 days, (a) have been exposed to any person who has a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19, (b) have returned from highly impacted areas subject to a Center for Disease Control (“CDC”) Level 3 Travel Health Notice, or (c) have been exposed to any person returning from areas subject to a CDC Level 3 Travel Health Notice;
5. acknowledge that, although PMC has taken certain steps to reduce or mitigate the transmission of COVID-19 in connection with the operation of the PMC and related events, services and facilities, due to the nature of COVID-19 and the nature of the events, services and facilities: (i) transmission of the virus cannot be ruled out, (ii) social distancing of 6 feet per person among participants or others is not always possible, and (iii), despite PMC’s reasonable efforts to mitigate such dangers, PMC cannot guarantee that my [or my child(ren)’s or ward(s)’] participation in the PMC and/or related events, services and facilities will not result in exposure to COVID-19, which could in turn result in quarantine requirements, serious illness, disability, and/or death.
Because of public health concerns associated with COVID-19, or other public considerations, I understand that my [and/or my child(ren)’s or ward(s)’] participation in the PMC and/or related events may have to be “reimagined” or “virtual,” rather than conducted in the standard or in-person manner. In addition, I may choose, for my own reasons, to participate [and/or have my child(ren) or ward(s) participate] in the events in a reimagined or virtual way. If I [and/or my child(ren) or ward(s)] choose to participate in PMC and/or related events in a reimagined or virtual way, and during my [and/or my child(ren)’s or ward(s)’] training for the events (whether I participate in the actual events or in a reimagined or virtual manner, I [, on behalf of myself and my child(ren) and ward(s)], further:
6. acknowledge and understand that neither a reimagined or virtual PMC, or the training for a reimagined, virtual or actual PMC, is sponsored by PMC;
7. acknowledge and understand that PMC cannot and does not provide support for reimagined or virtual rides/events or training, even if PMC sometimes offers ideas or tips for training;
8. represent to being in good health and in good physical condition and able to undertake the ride/event or training;
9. agree that it is my [and my child(ren)’s, ward(s)’] responsibility to know and abide by applicable public health regulations and state and local laws applicable to my participation in reimagined and virtual events, and in training; and
10. Understand that the PMC is not liable for anything that happens as a result of a reimagined or virtual ride, or the training for such a ride or for the traditional PMC, including but not limited to personal injury and illness, and property damage or loss.
THE UNDERSIGNED HEREBY ASSUMES FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR, AND THE RISK OF ILLNESS, BODILY INJURY, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, AND PROPERTY LOSS, WHETHER DUE TO NEGLIGENCE, ACTIVE OR PASSIVE, OR OTHERWISE, WHILE TRAINING FOR, PARTICIPATING IN, WORKING OR VOLUNTEERING AT, OR OBSERVING THE PMC OR RELATED ACTIVITIES, AND/OR WHILE USING THE FACILITIES OR EQUIPMENT ASSOCIATED WITH SUCH ACTIVITIES, AND/OR WHILE TRAINING FOR AND ENGAGING IN A REIMAGINED OR VIRTUAL PMC, WHETHER SUCH ILLNESS, INJURY, DAMAGE OR LOSS IS RELATED TO COVID-19 OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT COVERED BY MY PERSONAL HEALTH OR OTHER TYPE OF INSURANCE.
IN FURTHER CONSIDERATION OF BEING PERMITTED TO PARTICIPATE, WORK OR VOLUNTEER AT, AND/OR OBSERVE THE PMC AND RELATED ACTIVITIES, THE UNDERSIGNED HEREBY RELEASES, WAIVES, DISCHARGES AND COVENANTS NOT TO SUE, AND AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS PMC AND ANY OF ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS AND AGENTS, OR ANY OF THE FELLOW PARTICIPANTS OR THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS OR GUESTS (TOGETHER, THE “RELEASEES”) FROM ALL LIABILITY TO THE UNDERSIGNED, AND ANY CLAIMS OR DEMANDS ON ACCOUNT OF ANY PROPERTY DAMAGE OR ANY INJURY TO, OR ANY ILLNESS OR THE DEATH OF, THE UNDERSIGNED, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE, ACTIVE OR PASSIVE, OF PMC OR THE OTHER RELEASEES WHILE TRAINING FOR, PARTICIPATING IN, WORKING OR VOLUNTEERING AT, OR OBSERVING THE PMC OR RELATED ACTIVITIES, OR WHILE USING THE FACILITIES OR EQUIPMENT ASSOCIATED WITH SUCH ACTIVITIES, OR WHILE ENGAGING IN REIMAGINED OR VIRTUAL PMC OR TRAINING THEREFOR, WHETHER SUCH ILLNESS, INJURY, DAMAGE OR LOSS IS RELATED TO COVID-19 OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT COVERED BY MY PERSONAL HEALTH OR OTHER TYPE OF INSURANCE.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ AND I VOLUNTARILY SIGN THIS ASSUMPTION OF RISK, RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT AND FURTHER AGREE THAT NO ORAL REPRESENTATIONS, STATEMENTS OR INDUCEMENTS APART FROM THE FOREGOING WRITTEN AGREEMENT HAVE BEEN MADE TO ME ON ACCOUNT HEREOF.
I AM AWARE THAT BY AGREEING TO THIS AGREEMENT I AM GIVING UP VALUABLE LEGAL RIGHTS ON BEHALF OF THE UNDERSIGNED, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO RECOVER DAMAGES FROM PMC IN CASE OF INJURY, DEATH, ILLNESS OR PROPERTY LOSS OR DAMAGE, INCLUDING, FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT AND WITHOUT LIMITATION, EXPOSURE TO COVID-19 DURING TRAINING AND PARTICIPATION IN THE PMC AND/OR RELATED EVENTS AND USE OF THE FACILITIES ASSOCIATED THEREWITH, AND ANY ILLNESS, INJURY OR DEATH RESULTING THEREFROM. I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS DOCUMENT IS A PROMISE NOT TO SUE AND A RELEASE OF AND INDEMNIFICATION FOR ALL CLAIMS. IF SIGNING ON BEHALF OF A CHILD OR WARD: I ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT THIS AGREEMENT IS MADE ON BEHALF OF MY CHILD(REN) AND/OR WARD(S) AND I REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT I HAVE FULL AUTHORITY TO SIGN THIS AGREEMENT ON THEIR BEHALF.
Rider is required to agree to and electronically sign off on this release.