Organization Brings Together Stand Out Riders, Sponsors and Volunteers to Spearhead Growth
The Pan-Mass Challenge (PMC), the nation’s single most successful athletic fundraiser, today announced the launch of an advisory board, comprised of 11 highly dedicated riders, sponsors and volunteers who will help spearhead continued growth and innovation for the organization. This non-voting group will serve in an advisory capacity to the PMC Board of Directors, which provides fiduciary and strategic oversight to the organization. The PMC donates 100 percent of every rider-raised dollar directly to Dana-Farber – more than $654 million since 1980 – and will announce this year’s record-breaking gift on Saturday, October 19.
The members of the PMC Advisory Board are all community leaders who have demonstrated tremendous fundraising dedication, as well as deep institutional and cultural understanding of the PMC mission. Their commitment and continuity as longtime participants uniquely positions them to guide the organization and its leadership to new heights. Joining the PMC advisory board are:
- Andrew Janower, PMC Rider
- Bekah Salwasser, Executive Director of the Red Sox Foundation; PMC Presenting Sponsor
- Drew Harrington, Co-Founder, Yasso Frozen Greek Yogurt; PMC Sponsor and Rider
- Gordon Prichett, PMC Chairman Emeritus (not in photograph)
- Hannah Hellebush, EY Parthenon, PMC Sponsor and Rider
- Jamie Mittelman, PMC Rider
- John Kelly, Executive Vice President, MAPFRE; PMC Sponsor and Rider
- Kelly Gross, PMC Rider
- Lisa Hughes, WBZ-TV Anchor; PMC Rider
- Matt McGuiness, PMC Head Staff Member and Rider
- Melany Duval, Chief of Philanthropy, Dana-Farber; PMC Rider
“The PMC community inspires a unique sense of camaraderie that’s felt amongst the nearly 11,000 riders and volunteers who come together with the goal of raising critical funding for cancer research and treatment each year,” said PMC Founder and Executive Director, Billy Starr. “This group stood out among our incredibly dedicated constituency and we are thrilled that they are willing – and excited – to work together as our Advisory Board and drive continued growth for our organization.”
Members of the PMC Advisory Board joined the PMC Board of Directors on Tuesday, October 1 for their first official meeting. The Advisory Board’s goal is to move the PMC forward while securing the organization’s values and the integrity of its already established events.