Fundraising Agreement and Release of Liability
In consideration of the acceptance of my registration in the 2018 Pan-Massachusetts Challenge (PMC) I agree to collect the following fundraising minimum for the benefit of the Jimmy Fund:
- $4,900 if I register before March 1, and $8,000 if I register on or after March 1 for any Two-Day Route or any One-Day Route finishing in Provincetown
- $4,000 if I register before March 1, and $7,000 if I register on or after March 1 for any One-Day Route finishing at Mass Maritime Academy, Bourne
- $2,000 if I register the Sunday One-Day Route from Bourne to Babson College, Wellesley
- $1,200 if I register as an adult for any Sunday One-Day Route beginning in Wellesley
- $600 If I register as a teen riding any Sunday One-Day Route beginning at Babson College, Wellesley
and I agree to be personally responsible to the PMC for the difference if I fail to collect the required funds. The deadline for receipt of the minimum amount is October 1, 2018. I understand that the outstanding balance towards the minimum fundraising requirement will be charged to my credit card if I have not met this requirement by the deadline.
I acknowledge that by registering for any 2018 PMC Route I am obliged to submit the fundraising minimum as defined in the fundraising agreement, whether or not I participate in the event. The minimum is due by the fundraising deadline of October 1, 2018. If I have not submitted the appropriate amount by October 1, 2018, the outstanding balance towards the minimum fundraising requirement will be charged to my credit card.
I HAVE READ THIS FUNDRAISING AGREEMENT AND CANCELLATION POLICY, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I WILL BE GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
PARTICIPANT RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the Pan-Massachusetts Challenge bicycling event, related events and activities (the "PMC"), I, the undersigned, acknowledge, appreciate, and agree that:
- The risk of injury from participation in the PMC is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist;
- I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES (defined below) or others, and whether or not covered by my personal health or other type of insurance; and I assume full responsibility for my participation in the PMC;
- I understand that photographs may be taken of me in connection with the PMC. I hereby consent to the taking of such photographs and the publication of such photographs;
- I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such hazard to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
- I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS PAN-MASSACHUSETTS CHALLENGE, INC., operator of the PMC, its officers, officials, directors, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises, property and/or equipment used to conduct the event ("Releasees"), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, LOSS OR DAMAGE to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I WILL BE GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.