Fundraising Emails and Letters
On your PMC Management page, you will see a section called "Email Templates." Here you will be able to pick from a variety of email templates and you can customize them to your liking. It includes links that are customized with your fundraising eGift ID. When your donors click on the links that are embedded in the email, they'll automatically be directed to the credit card checkout page, with their desired donation amount already filled in.
Your letter should grab the reader’s attention plus give the donor information on the PMC and how to donate to your account. Click here for sample fundraising letters and downloadable logos and forms. Include links to the Jimmy Fund and Dana-Farber.
- Be yourself: use your own voice and style, be personal and passionate.
- Grab the reader’s attention: use their name in the salutation. Make donors believe they are making a difference, being part of something big.
- Use a series of good news bullets from Funding the Fight Against Cancer.
- What you're doing, why you're doing it and state your goal. Include a story about a specific person or event. Use some facts from the 2017 Fact Sheet.
- Be sure to mention that 100% goes to DFCI
- Ask for the donation and provide instructions for making gifts online or by check. View instructions at Making Deposits.
- Include the link to your profile page (http://www.pmc.org/profile/XX0123 - replace XX0123 with your eGiftID)