Pan-Mass Challenge to present “PMC Living Proof Portrait Project” at Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
Pan-Mass Challenge to present “PMC Living Proof® Portrait Project” at Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
WHAT: The Pan-Mass Challenge (PMC) will host an opening reception for the “PMC Living Proof® Portrait Project” at the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston (MFA). The photographs feature PMC riders and cancer survivors who are “Living Proof®” of the PMC mission to find a cure for cancer. The photographs were taken by local photographer, Michael Casey.
The portraits of 43 PMC cancer patients and survivors – a subject group as diverse as the cancers they endured – will be on display for the evening. All were photographed upon finishing the first day of the 2014 PMC ride at the Mass Maritime Academy in Bourne, Mass. A selection of the 43 images will be displayed at the MFA in a special installation from March 15 to May 25 along with their personal stories.
WHEN: Saturday, March 28, 2015
Media check-in begins at 6:15 p.m.
WHERE: Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
Sharf Visitor Center and Shapiro Family Courtyard
465 Huntington Ave.
Boston, MA 02115
Note: All media will require credentials to attend
VISUALS AND INTERVIEWS
- •Visuals of the “PMC Living Proof® Portrait Project”
- •Remarks from Billy Starr, PMC founder and executive director, and Photographer Michael Casey
- •Interviews available upon request with Billy Starr, Michael Casey and Anne E. Havinga, the MFA’s Estrellita and Yousuf Karsh Senior Curator of Photographs
- •Photos and video of event attendees
- •Remarks and inspirational stories from PMC riders
MEDIA CONTACT:Ana Senior, Cone Communications